Notice to NARA Researchers and FOIA Requesters
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of our staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgment as well as a substantive response to your reference or FOIA request or appeal. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience. Read more on how NARA is addressing COVID-19 (coronavirus) https://www.archives.gov/coronavirus.
Many historic photographs and audio/video materials are already in the public domain and available online. These materials do not require permission and/or licensing for use. Please credit: Courtesy Barack Obama Presidential Library.
- Archived White House Website
- Archived White House “Photos of the Day” slideshows
- Archived White House Flickr Photostream
- Archived White House YouTube Channel
- Archived White House Twitter Feed
- Archived White House Instagram
- Archived White House Facebook Page
- Archived White House Medium Page
- Archived White House Tumblr
- Obama White House Social Media Archive
- The National Archives Catalog
- Gather all available information about the image; and if possible, find the filename (the “P” number found in the caption or details).
- Provide a specific description of the image, video, or audio clip, including date, location, topic, and if possible, the URL for each web page that contains the requested material.
- Email this information plus your name, phone number, email, mailing address, as well as format and delivery preferences to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Some fees will apply. Payment may be made by credit card or check made out to “NATF.”
- Orders may also be placed by phone, fax, or mail.
Barack Obama Presidential Library
2500 W. Golf Road
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169-1114
Phone: (847) 252-5731
Fax: (847) 252-5799