The Barack Obama Presidential Library is part of the Presidential Libraries System administered by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), an independent federal agency. Official job listings are posted on USA Jobs. See the links below for more information:
- Employment information at the National Archives and Records Administration
- Presidential Libraries Internship Opportunities
- Presidential Libraries Volunteer Opportunities
Internship Opportunities at the Barack Obama Presidential Library
The Barack Obama Presidential Library offers unpaid internships for both undergraduate and graduate students. Our internships offer students a unique opportunity to gain valuable work experience while cultivating a better understanding of the Presidency, American history, and important issues of public policy.
There are currently no internships available.
Due to the sensitive nature of Presidential materials, all interns must be at least 16 years of age; a U.S. Citizen or holder of a permanent resident card/A1 or A2 Diplomatic Visa; successfully pass a background check; sign a confidentiality agreement; and be able to receive school credit from an accredited institution.
Complete the following documents:
- Cover letter identifying the specific internship project or type of work you are interested in performing and your dates of availability
- Volunteer Service Application
- Declaration for Federal Employment (OF 306)
- Copy of your most recent student transcript
- At least one (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher, professor, or academic faculty member
Mail your completed application packet to:
Volunteer Program CoordinatorBarack Obama Presidential Library2500 W. Golf RoadHoffman Estates, IL 60169